Every year millions of people visit hospitals all over the country for operations. Most of the visits happen without incident and the operations or procedures are successful. Many of these operations require the administration of medications intravenously during their stay. While the use of an IV is commonplace, it is not without risk, and errors can occur due to the negligence of the medical staff. Depending on the nature of the error, the patient may suffer severe long-term effects, or in some circumstances, death.
Some of the most common IV mistakes include:
- Too much, too little, or wrong drug administered
- Medication administered at wrong time
- Medication injected improperly
- Improper combination of medications administered
- Administration of wrong solution or medication
- IV valve or pump not working properly
If you or a loved one have been a victim of a Doctor or Hospital staff’s negligence you should fill out our form for a free no obligation consultation with one of our Lawyers who are specialized in the area of personal injury.